Tuesday, October 6, 2009

VA, Wedding, and other fun stuff :)

This last week we were very blessed to be able to go to VA for my sister Michelle's wedding. It was beatiful and very special and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it. We're stoked to have a new addition to the family (Yay Jason!) and to see Michelley so happy :) You guys rock! So unfortunately...we're kinda lame and didn't take any good pictures of the after-wedding or reception. We took some but they were all dark as you will see. But my other sister Jennifer is a photographer and took some awesome pictures so a future post will have better ones...sorry for the delay. But here's some other fun stuff.

Our house is very much a football house so Anne knows the word football and touchdown and likes to clap for the tv. Here she is sporting her BYU outfit (the shirt says "Hold on Cougars..I'm coming!) and watching the game intently while slapping her football. Sooo cute.
And yes..she is also girly. Dad put the hankerchief on her so she looks like a little cowgirl.
Also very cute ;) For Michelle and Jason's wedding present I made my first quilt (or cover because I didn't actually put any batting in it). I did however sew all the sqares together and learned some valuable lessons for next time, hehe. But it was a lot of fun to make and I hope you guys enjoy it!

One of the days in VA was spent at Family Day at the base the day before Jason graduated from TBS. We got to do a bunch of neat stuff like sit in a CH-53 (the helicopter my Dad used to fly).

The highlight of the day was getting to shoot some cool guns (machine gun and granade launcher). We could not believe Anne fell asleep because the guns were really loud! But when she's tired, there's no stopping her. And Grandpa got a chance to hold her without her crying :)
Shooting the guns was awesome, but I think I got the biggest kick out of wearing the cover and vest. They sure are a lot heavier than I thought they would be.
Zac had fun shooting the granade launcher and alsmost hit the target! And the best shots of the day:

As soon as Zac lifted her up there she knew exactly what to do.
Move out!

Dad remeniscing.
So here's what we got from the wedding...I know...I know...better ones will come. But here's the bride and groom!
And us...



Anne kept herself entertained at the airport.
And got a huge kick out of these things.
Anne is learning to do the actions to songs and this one is her favorite. I guess if you know the actions it makes more sense: the first is "over the hills" so like a wave motion, the second is quack with your hand but I think Anne hears "clap" instead, and the third is waddle so she usually just sees me waddle my head.
We think Anne is going to be a gymnast someday. She loves flipping and has almost done a summersalt by herself.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Ahhh-that was cool. Love the songs. Only a couple Oct2nd pictures from my camera. too. We'll probably just wait for Jen's.