Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Activities and Zac's BDay

When we came back from our trip to VA, it had turned to Fall here in Utah! Boy did it get chilly which usually makes me happy because I love fall, but now makes me kind of sad because that means not as much time outside running and other fun stuff. But Anne and I braved the cold one day and took a trip to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake which was actually really cool! I recommend it to others in the area. It's connected to Liberty Park up there in Salt Lake. Anyways, Anne and I had a blast. She loved the big birds that made funny noises and I loved reading all the info signs.

These were my favorite. They are such pretty birds!
I like that Anne is making her kissy face lips in this one :)
She was mezmorized by the peacocks.
These birds just reminded me of a married couple. The one of the left was just pecking the heck out of the one on the right....helpful cleaning or nagging...hmmm? :)
Anne liked saying hello to the birds through her imaginary telephone.
Zac and I bought a Starving Student card to help the scouts out in our ward and it's been a great way to think of things to do and places to eat. They had a buy one get one free bowling so we decided to take Anne for her first time. She was a pro. She loooooved the bowling balls.
Withe the cold weather comes cute winter clothes. Anne picked out the hat herself.


And some cute non-winter clothes from Gabbie :)
So Anne has entered a new phase in her life called movement. Our once immobile and content child is now all over the place...and we're thrilled! She's starting to explore with her crawling and loves to stand and walk with us or whatever she can pull up on. We're so proud of our little one! Here she is sporting her first pair of sneakers.


Zac had his birthday this last week...Happy Birthday Honey! His boss let him have most of the day off so we had a fun filled Birthday day starting with muffins and omelets and then to the shooting range. I took him to shoot his first automatic weapon and he was thrilled! It was an mp5....a machine gun that was a lot of fun to shoot. Anne didn't actually shoot...or go in the room where the shooting was (it was too loud) but she did sport the cool safetywear.

We watched in another room that had TV's.
The happy birthday boy.
Don't mess with this Mama.
On the way home from shooting we saw this park with the biggest flock of ducks I have ever seen. Among them were some of the biggest ducks I have ever seen. Anne helped me feed them bread that these nice people gave us there.
And to finish things up I took Zac to a new restaurant where we live called "Pirate Island" which was awesome! Really cool decorations, pirate waiters, strobe lights and pirate songs, balloon animals, arcade, allright food, decent prices...yeah we had a good time.

Anne's spontaneous presents for Dad. So cute. She just reached over and did this.

The balloon man made her a pupy which lasted until the car-ride home....then it got a leak from too much lovin.

The other day we took her to see some puppies. At first she was little shy and giggly but then petted them lovingly.






2 comments:

Kelee said...

Hey! Wow She is getting so BIG!!! She is way cute though! I love the one where she is wearing the orange shirt and black pants with the penguin hat!!! She is such a cutie! Is she 1 yet? I also LOVE the pig tails on the top of her head! how cute! I love the gun too! I want one for my birthday now, but I most likely won't get one! But I'm jealous. Anne is so cute with the safety gear on!! Well Hope you're doing good!

Kelee said...

hey it's me again, K so I was reading through some of your older posts, and I realized she is one! So ya! She is still way CUTE though!