Sunday, October 27, 2019

May-Jul

 The girls' first ballet performance.










 Uncle Dylan invited us to stay at the Breckenridge ski resort for a long weekend.
 Yes, that's snow...and that's the kids swimming in an outdoor heated pool.













 First and best cajun food we've ever had mmmmmm.






 Rachel's artwork from school.


 I thought this was meant for me, turns out Rachel drew it for herself.
 Rachel's poetry reading.


 Rachel and her best buddy Aubreigh.
 Rachel's teacher Miss Woodward.

 Fun PG Playday










 Grandma Thatcher was out for a fun visit!










 :)


 Our van got a big owie.
 Our big spring burn.
 Sarah's schoolwork.
 Sad to say our van was totalled so we had to say goodbye.


 Got my finger slammed in the rental car door. Ouch.
 We spent a good five or so days straight after the accident doing nothing but car shopping. These two were troopers with me while their sisters were in school so we went to Village Inn one night for a break.





 Sarah's kindergarten graduation.










 Our new car!! 2008 Honda Odyssey
 Zac had some cute little dental assistants on his visit.

 Mt. Timpanogos in May!!

 Zac helping out our neighbors grinding down their stump after he did all of ours.
 Our cute baby turkey "Leftovers".

 Went to see the new Aladdin with Uncle Dylan and Jennifer.
 Broke in our cool new van with a camping trip with me and the kiddos.






 My awesome kiddos hiked Stuart Falls. Even James hiked the entire thing without me carrying him, a good 3.5 miles.They are such good little hikers.





 Avalanche paths.







 Camped in the car next to this beautiful park.




 Rachel started participating in 4-H shows this summer. For each one she had to clean all her tack and get her clothes ready.
 Sadly, my sweet and funny Uncle Lynn passed away from a tumor in his brain. He was always kind to me and my kids and would talk to me at family reunions. It was very sad to see him go but I'm glad he is not in pain anymore.


 My Dad did a beautiful job with his flag ceremony.
 My Dad and his other two brothers, Lee and Todd.
 Coolest looking herse I've ever seen.
 Anne's decorating project. She loves to decorate and make things pretty.

Just chillin in the backyard watching our kiddos ride Doc.
 Anne loved when Leftovers was a chick. She would carry him around like a parrot and he would give her cute pecks on the cheek. She would also go get him when she felt sad and he would comfort her. I love animals.

 All nice and shiny after his bath.



 Her first horse show and her first event, Showmanship.

 Horsemanship (or Pleasure)


 Her cool 4-H team t-shirt. Her group is called the Junior Roughouts.
 She was so excited to win first place in the written knowledge test that was part of her show.
 I went on a little hike while I took Sarah to a birthday party out on the other side of the lake.

 My favorite mountain, Timp.


 Shizzy going through a weird phase of hiding under our bed.



 Just shopping at Costco.
 Estey family reunion in Mom's backyard.














 Father's Day

 Strawberry Days







 Storytime









 Datenight







 Grandma Hebbert's list of roses in my yard.

 Trail ride with my friends.

 Little field trip with Jen to see the Kennecot Copper Mine.







 Rachel rode in the Lehi Roundup Parade


 Grandpa Russell let Rachel borrow her chaps.




 Lehi rodeo.

 Rachel and her other best buddy Julia.















 My prize for winning the health challenge with Zac was a weekend away with my awesome buddies. We went up to Idaho and rented a house and had a wonderful time. Bridget Taylor, Amy Batty, Andrea Peterson


 Only in Idaho do I find a potato on the side of the road.
 Soda Springs. A cool place where the water was naturally carbonated.




 A pressurized geuyser  near the heart of town.












 Rachel and Julia practicing their events.
 2nd Show


 Darn it, everything is being jumbled again. This is the reunion.



















 My Grandpa Hebbert's hat. Frank Mondell Hebbert.







 Making cookies with Grandma.
 Our crazy godzilla brooding chicken.



 We've tried all different ways to get our brooding chickens to stop being broody. This was the funniest, but effective.
 Our kiddos love camping. They slept in the tent for four days.
 James helping with the laundry.

 We made a video for my sister Michelle for her bday. "I hope you dance"


 Hike up Grove Creek




 Beautiful "Follow the Flag ceremony on the 4th of July.
 Honoring the military.



 I went for a bike ride after the ceremony up to the flag.

 Grandpa also let Rachel borrow his old rodeo shirt.
 Family campout and fishing trip up near Silver Lake.







 Backside of Timp














 My Mom, the kids, and I went on an amazing 13 day adventure up to see the Redwoods, the Oregon coast, Washington, a bit of Montana, and Idaho.  Anne had a free national parks pass this year so we went to a lot of those as well as state parks. It was a beautiful and memorable trip that I hope the kids remember.

The start to our trip. Cool bridge in Idaho.


 Truck full of dead something or others.

 Rest stop
 Newberry Volcanic National Monument


 The kids' favorite part of the trip was earning their Junior Ranger badges at the parks.
 Huge lava tube tunnel.

 The grounds near Crater Lake.
 I've never seen water so blue. Crater lake





 Sarah's little July snowman.



 Hike through the redwoods.
 Our campground was right next to this beautiful creek.
It was like another world.












I loved these trees. They only grew on dead or fallen trees. We called them "Octopus Trees".
Cool spider.



The kids' favorite part of our trip was doing all the junior ranger programs and earning their Junior Ranger badges. They learned so much.





Rachel caught a strange fish.













Oregon Coast


We found a whole group of seals in this cool bay just as we were driving along.













The fog was spectacular.



Fun in the tent. We played cards, sang silly songs, and the kids slept great.

Cool manmade lake at one of the campsites.

Oregon Sand Dunes National Park



Cool name of a store (my great-grandma's name was Ona :)
Haha. This campsite was right on the Oregon coast next to a beautiful beach. The rangers had a good sense of humor :)















The Tillamook dairy factory.



Best mint chocolate chip ice cram I've ever had. Wow.


We rolled into this little campsite at 10 at night. Mom and I got pretty good at setting up the tent quick and throwing the kids into their sleeping bags :)

Logging
Mount St. Helen's visitor's center. We weren't actually able to see the volcano that day but we learned a lot from this fun ranger.



James' creation.
This was some goooood pizza.
The cool fog of Washington. This was one of the things I really wanted to see on our trip.




The shading on the front window of the van made this picture even cooler ;)


This was another campsite on the beach just south of Forks, WA. We could've spent days exploring this beach.




The ground looked like glass.

















This was such a neat campground in Forks, WA. The kids made some friends with other fellow campers.


I had to. "Bella's Truck" from Twilight :)

So green.









The air at this lake was freezing!! But the water was warm, I mean warm like a bath tub. It was so weird.


This was another cool highlight of the trip. Right next to the falls in the last picture was this big corral of horses and mules that the rangers use for this national forest. There are no motorized vehicles allowed so these guys do all the work. They were spectacular. Running around, fighting, playing and just a hoot to watch.








We saw quite a few amazing bridges on the this trip.



Mt. Raineer

Picnic area for dinner.
Oh the bugs in Montana and Idaho. I actually had to pull over and clean off the windshield because even with the wipers going I couldn't see there were so many bugs. It was crazy.

Pictures don't do this moon justice. It was bright orange and HUGE.
We decided just to drive through the night one night as long as we could. I slept in that little space there next to Sarah.
We stopped at Lava Hot Springs in Idaho as a last hurrah for our trip.

Zac had started replacing our roof while we were gone on our trip. It turned out to be a much bigger project than we anticipated. I spent many days putting these shingles into wheel barrows and filling up a flat bed trailer and then unloading them at the dump. We will have bits of shingles and nails in our yard until the end of time.

This boy plays dirty.


We are so grateful for our kind and giving family and neighbors that helped us with the roof.
Zac and Dad
Loren
I even got to learn my way around the roof and a nail gun.




Aunt Jennifer's dress from when she was little.
Rachel ironing her shirt for her first 4H show.
Oh the rain. We were like the tower in the Sword and the Stone movie. We had bowls and pots all over our house catching drips. I've never appreciated a roof so much.
Boxing


No comments: