Saturday, February 12, 2011

Go Packers!

My ninja hubby. Thanks to my friend, who let me borrow her Mobi wrap to trace, I was able to make this one for $5.00! It is extraordinarily handy especially when going shopping and Rachel stays nice and warm and content. It is very simple to use and I am a huge fan. I've even used it when excercising which lulled Rachel to sleep. The only drawback I guess you would say is that I get a lot of stares when I'm out places. I just try to tell myself that they're all just staring at my adorable little bundle inside :)
A nice grocer at Smith's saw Anne staring at the balloons on the seafood isle so he cut her one. It was a huge hit for about a week till it died. And...it was the cause of Rachel's first real belly laugh! Anne was hitting it up in the hair right in front of Rachel's face and Rachel let out a huge laugh. I still think baby laughs are one of the best sounds in the world.
So our big event recently was watching our Packers win the Superbowl! We have been fans through thick and thin over the years and it was fun to see them actually playing well this year. So of course we had to celebrate and have a Packers Party! We had a ton of yummy food and lots of friends to share it with :)

Our buddies Alexis and baby Averie on the couch and little Maija, Anne, and Brooklyn playing and watching the game. We were so proud of Anne that she only had one little freak out over the cheering. She is getting so much better with lots of people and loud noises.
This was how the two of them looked pretty much the entire game. Rachel was very content to sleep through it all.
Our friends Stephanie and Ben and their kids Justin and Brooklyn (sorry if any spelling is off ).
The first of the food pictures. We tried to do as many green and yellow foods in honor of our team colors. So even though you can't see it, there's a yellow cake underneath the frosting. I know it's not the prettiest thing...someday I'd like to learn how to frost cakes and maybe even get some frosting tools.
All our yummy food. We tried to add some healthy items as well like the pineapple boats (which were actually all gone by time I took the picture). Zac made his famous salsa which is absolutely delicious (and I don't even normally like salsa) and yummy wings. Alexis added some yummy homemade pretzels which I am also excited to learn how to make.

I love this picture! Go Packers! (That's what she's thinking.)
This is my favorite family picture to date. It is very "us". I love my family :)
This is how Rachel likes to sleep 99% of the time. It must have been how she was in my tummy. She's actually pretty good about not poking or scratching her eyes. She just likes to shield them so it seems.
And the cute "Big Sister".
Our cuties in their Okinawa wear. The one Anne is wearing is actually from when my family lived in Okinawa before I was born.

Lots of love.
Sharing the love...amongst other things. Anne got some fun stickers from her Aunt Jennifer and she liked putting them.....
....here. Rachel didn't seem to mind. Coming from a youngest of three sisters, she had better get used to being dressed up and decorated. :)
Anne's fun new skill. It took her a couple tries...
But then she got the hang of it.

No comments: